Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thank You

This is a note from Brian's mother, Kathy. She (and our whole family) are so grateful to you all for your love and support. The last portion is what she said about him at the funeral :).

To my dear friends and family,

This has been a very difficult time for our family but I want you to know that we have felt the Lord's love as you have shared anecdotes and feelings about our sweet son, Brian. We have truly been comforted by your thoughts and prayers. We know we will see him again and that he has gone on to a new adventure where he will continue to serve the Lord. Thank you so much for your concern and love.

I would like to leave these thoughts about Brian with you...

He disliked corn, being caught cheating at cards, losing, getting up early, getting his hair messed up, cleaning up after himself, fighting and contention, and being alone.
He liked oatmeal raisin cookies, pumpkin pie, eating out, clothes, cologne, video games, girls, movies, working out, rock climbing, anything Spanish, and the color purple.
He loved getting his back scratched, people, the gospel, his family, temple work, studying the scriptures, sharing the gospel, and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Here are some things I constantly heard from him:
1. No worries.
2. It's all good, mom.
3. I love you.

Brian touched the lives of everyone he met. He loved everyone and they loved him right back. He always had a positive attitude and was friendly to everyone. He has a strong testimony of our Savior and the atonement. He loved being a member of the church and was enthusiastic about teaching others about it.
My sweet son Brian...My arms ache to give you a hug and I want so badly to whisper in your ear that I love you. I am so proud of how you lived your life. I know the Lord could have preformed a miracle and saved you but I believe you chose to move on to serve our Heavenly Father elsewhere. There will always be a hole in our family where you should be, but I know we will see you again and then I will finally be able to give you that hug and whisper I love you. I love you. I love you.

Mom

5 comments:

  1. Que bellas palabra y emocionante ,se que estan pasando por un momento dificil en sus vidas ,pero yo doy fe que nuestro padre celestial les dara la fuerza para seguir adelante y que muy pronto volveremos a encontrarnos con ese loco hombre de brian que toco muchos corazones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a comforting comment Camila. Thank you. (Kathy Kelley, Brian's mom)

      For those who do not read Spanish. . . My sister-in-law Marcia has translated Camila words.

      What beautiful and emotional words, I know that you are going through a difficult time in your lives, but I have faith that our Heavenly Father will give you the strength to keep pressing forward and that soon we will find ourselves with that crazy Brian who touched so many hearts.

      Delete
  2. Ya pasaron las 12:00 y estamos a 5 de agosto. Hoy es un dia muy especial ya que es el cumpleaños de Brian, hoy cumples un añito mas y a pesar que no estes fisicamente siempre estas en mi corazon. Feliz cumpleaños Brian yo se que algun dia nos volveremos a ver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation:

      It's after midnight and now it's August the 5th. Today is a very special day because it is Brian's birthday. Today you are a year older and even though you aren't here physically you will always be in my heart. Happy Birthday Brian, I know that one day we will see each other again.


      Beautiful Camila - Thank you

      Delete
  3. I don't know if the blog is still active I was just told by friends from Santaquin about Brian's passing and this blog. We moved from Santaquin to Vernal while Brian was on his mission and didn't know until today of his passing. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We were saddened and shocked to hear the news. Kathy you were always such a strength to me and I appreciate your example. I am sorry that we did not know so we could support you. Are prayers and thoughts are with you. Shanalee Madsen and Family

    ReplyDelete