Thursday, July 12, 2012

Update #4

Hey everyone, we are just hangin' out at the hospital. It's been a bit of a long, rough day.

Brian's blood test came back good and his blood levels are getting back to normal, but his brain swelling isn't going down. The CT scan just showed a little more blood and bruising around his brain, so that was not good. Since he isn't stable yet, so his back surgery might have to be postponed.

Not great news, but it could be worse. Here is a picture to cheer us all up and remember Brian's silliness. Brian served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Augusta, Georgia mission. There, it was a common belief among the people he taught that Jesus was black. He and his companion walked into a gift shop one day and saw this statue and he LOVED it! Brian loved his mission and anything that reminds him of it. He would be so happy his black Jesus is in the hospital with him. Brian was and still is an outstanding missionary.




3 comments:

  1. One of his friends, my son, is right now on his mission in Curitiba, Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelley family,

    My son Michael finally found out about Brian. I was just able to look at my emails, & here is what Michael wrote from Brazil:


    On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Michael Eddington wrote:

    Mama,
    Wow I am very sad to find out that this happened with Brian. I was really good friends with him and the last time I talked to him was the day that I got set apart as a Missionary and it was at the ALA Soccer Field. We were talking some Spanish but I had to get home so we didn´t have much time to talk. You can give this to the family:

    I have some good memories with Brian. He was just a great guy. In High School when I really was in contact with him, whenever, I was down or felt bad he was that upper classmen always there to cheer me up. We hung out in class and played soccer together. He had a fun-loving attitude and I always knew he had good intentions. When I found out he was going to serve a mission I was way excited for him to learn Spanish. We were good friends in High school and I always enjoyed time spent with him laughing and hanging out. I know that he is in the next life preaching the Gospel to the many souls that need it! He is having a great time and earning the reward for the worthy life he lived.

    Michael was set apart as a missionary about 2 weeks before he went to the MTC. I new they had seen each other on several occasions, before Michael left.

    I wanted to share another memory of Brian with all of you. He was loved by his ALA friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I just remembered that Michael was set apart only a few days before he went to the MTC. :)

    ReplyDelete