Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Update #2

Here is another update on Brian:

They inserted a feeding tube through Brian's nose and he didn't like that one bit. He flexed his arms and chewed on the ventilator tube - but I am sure he will be happy to get some food!

His left eye is getting swollen and starting to bruise, just some tissue damage.

You might be able to notice in the pictures they left Brian a little tuft of hair when they shaved his head next to his staples. Kathy said he would love it if he knew! Also notice that his fantastic mustache is still clearly visible - Andy plans to shave for him and keep it that way :)



1 comment:

  1. Most of you won't know me; I'm Susan's friend from the time she lived in Lakeridge.

    About 12 years ago, my mom took a bad fall and cracked her head on a cement floor. She ended up at Provo IHC with a subdural hematoma (blood around the brain). I recognize Brian's scar--and his haircut. According to Mom's nurse at the time, the tuft of hair left is so they had something to clamp on to during surgery.

    I have an aunt who is a nurse, and when she came to visit Mom, and looked over her charts, she said that Mom should have died from that incident, but the wonderful staff at IHC saved her, again and again. I told Mom about Brian, and she was glad to hear that he was at IHC, and hopes that he has the same surgeon who worked on her. She's also praying for Brian, and for the rest of the family.

    It sounds like Brian is a pretty tough guy--and that he'll keep fighting until he gets better.

    I wanted to share that I've seen miracles in the IHC ICU. I have faith in the doctors and nurses there.

    ReplyDelete