Sunday, July 15, 2012

Update #7

This morning Brian's chest x-ray looks great, the fluid has remained gone. The lines that were sutured into his are were removed and they are going to monitor his blood pressure with a cuff. They want to encourage Brian to wake up so they are lowering his sedation, he hasn't had morphine since yesterday and is doing fine without it. They are also switching the setting on the ventilator so he can mostly breathe on his own.

As far as his brain goes, today and tomorrow are critical. His swelling hasn't changed and he is running a slight temperature. They would like to see the swelling go down. In the next two days Brian will either start to improve or he will start getting worse. Please pray for Brian's brain swelling to go down and for him to wake up. He is moving a little bit - which is a good sign - but they would like to see more movement since he is no longer under sedation.

Brian needs all the prayers he can get in the next 48 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Brian is in my prayers; so is his family for strength and endurance through this ordeal. The primary children in Santaquin 1st Ward are sending their love to Brian and family; their prayers are going up to Heavenly Father too.
    Alli, this is a wonderful idea and thing you are doing. Thank you so much - for some of us who cannot visit in person, this certainly helps us to keep in the loop and support Brian and his family from afar. Very well done and, I do appreciate the medical technology tab; how that helps.
    Brian and Family, stay strong and watch the Lord answer our prayers and do his will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. After his brain is stable, we don't know when that will be.

      Delete
  3. HI I'm Karen, I've been friends with Brian since high school and just wanted to let you guys know that I'm here for anything that you may need. I check your blog like 5 times a day to see how his doing and want to thank you for doing this. I love Brian and i just want him to know that I'm here for him and that I love him. I live in Logan but go down south a few times to see my family and just wanted to know if it would be possible if I could come see him this weekend? If not it's fine, whatever is best for him. I just want him to be okay but if there is a chance that I could see him I would love to. Please let me know. Once again if there is anything I can do please let me know.

    ReplyDelete